COMED-K Admission Process
COMED-K (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) organizes a common entrance test in the month of May for the students seeking MBBS admission in the member institutions of the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF).
COMED-K Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must have passed 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent examination, recognized by State / Central Government. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained at least 50% of marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC/ST/OBC). The candidates must have scored not less than 50% of marks in English.
The candidates shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Calendar of Events
Candidates registered through this site have option to receive regular update about the COMED-K calendar of events directly through e-mail notifications.
COMED-K Application Procedure
Candidates choosing to apply through us shall be mailed the hard copy of the APPLICATION FORM on appropriate date with a complete know how on procedure to fill up the form and a free guidance program to help you enhance your chances of securing the MBBS seat.
COMED-K Admission Process
Centralized Admission Counseling (Single window) will be organized for selection of MBBS seats. There will be two rounds of counseling. Details of instructions and schedules relating to centralized counseling will be uploaded on the COMED-K website.
Once the candidates have appeared for the exam and have their final rank in hand, they will be called for MBBS admission counseling.
Note: Candidates must have scored 90 marks out of 180 to be eligible for COMED-K Counseling.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED DURING COUNSELING
- Original photo ID proof.
- Original photo ID proof of the parent/guardian accompanying the candidate.
- COMED-K UGET TAT card.
- COMED-K UGET Rank card.
- 10th standard / SSLC or School Leaving Certificate or any School or Government record indicating the date of birth.
- 2nd PUC/12th Std. marks card.
- DD of required annual tuition fee drawn from the Nationalized bank in favor of COMED-K.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories must produce following documents.
a) SC/ST: Certificate issued by competent authority (Tahsildar).
b) OBC: Caste and income certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority.
MBBS SEAT SELECTION PROCESS
First Round of Counseling
- Verification of original documents and DD.
- Candidate registration: After biometric process (verification of fingerprints), signature verification and online photo capturing & verification, the candidates will be issued a registration slip. The candidates will have to fill the demand draft details with three choices of medical college.
- According to order of merit, the candidates will have to select a seat based on their options mentioned during registration.
- Remittance of MBBS fee in the form of DD at the bank counter.
- Issue of allotment letter.
Second Round of Counseling
After the completion of the first round MBBS seat selection, unfilled, surrendered, cancelled, forfeited and newly added seats, if any, will be offered during the second round of MBBS admission counseling along with the candidates who have not selected a seat (the seat selection process remains same for new candidates).
- Candidates who have selected a seat during the first round, whether reported to the college or not, are eligible to participate in the second round of counseling.
- epending upon the availability of seats for any reason after the second round of counseling, there may be one more round of counseling in the form of second extended round. The concerned colleges will have the authority to fill such seats.
MBBS Admission Fee
The annual tuition fee for MBBS course is Rs. 3, 57,500/-.